Corporate Venue Event Manager – Telford
An experienced and passionate Event Manager is required by a top Shropshire venue. You need to have superb communication skills and be a highly focussed and energetic self -starter.
You will liaise with clients to discuss their requirements, and communicate this to relevant departments, ensuring that the highest standards of service are delivered to meet client’s needs.
Duties will include:
- Liaise with the Sales Department regarding current and future events
- Discuss with clients planning, coordinating and managing of events
- Spot opportunities to introduce additional services wherever possible
- Liaise with key suppliers and contractors for services
- Using Visio to draw floor plans for events
- Be present at the events and to act as a coordinator between clients and all operational departments to ensure smooth running
- To behave in a friendly and hospitable manner to all clients, colleagues, contractors, and suppliers
To be considered for this role:
- Previous experience in a b2b scale event planning role such as exhibitions, trade shows and fairs, events
- IOSH qualification in the Events Industry is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients at all levels in a professional manner
- Proficient in MS office – use of Visio desirable
- Multi-tasking skills and management of the delivery of events
- High attention to detail and accuracy including the ability to deal with figures
- Demonstrable common-sense, initiative and problem-solving skills with the ability to share experience and support other team members
- Good sense of humor and professionally presented
Please note due to the nature of this role and the events you will be required to coordinate this isn’t a standard 9 -5 job and sometimes you will find yourself working long hours. Any hours worked over the normal 40-hour working week, will be given to you as TOIL.
You will be part of a team of likeminded individuals who will help support and bolster your career for this venue of choice within the Shropshire area.
Please call or send your CV to Neil Yardley at Swindale Parks